Text Spacing

tennis4you

I have (2) piece of text next to each other. Both are set with their paragraph spacing to "Multiple = 0.89x". For some reason though the text is not aligning up and down with the text next to it.

Basically I have something like:

1. This is text

2. This is more text

3. And this is even more text

The column of "1, 2, 3" is a different string of text than the words they are next to. They each have the same paragraph spacing but they do not line up. Any ideas how this can be resolved?

Trying to format text in AutoCAD will drive you crazy. I'd guess that the text on the right is respacing itself because of the content. If you add or remove various types of characters, the spacing changes to "help" you keep the spacing consistent--for instance, add some parentheses and watch the gaps jump. There's not much documentation, just try finding something helpful on MTEXTCOLUMN in the help.

If you're having the problem I think you're having, check your paragraph line spacing in the MText paragraph settings. Set it to Exact.

_MTEXTCOLUMN

Sets the default column setting for a multiline text (mtext) object.

0 No column

1 Dynamic columns with auto height

2 Dynamic column with manual height

I set mine = 0. That entire feature is a POS. If I need columns I will use a TABLE.