Problematic mouse right-click command, selection or input confirmation in AutoCAD2012

I have a weird problem with acad 2012 using mouse's Right-click for command, input,... confirmation, that I didn't have with acad 2011 and elder.

For instance:

In 2011 I put command, confirmed it with right mouse button. While in command I selected objects and confirmed selection with right mouse button,... It worked flawlessly even when I was inputing, selecting and confirming very, very fast.

Now, with 2012, I have all kind of problems when working fast. With command writen in command-line, I click right mouse button and complitely different ''tools'' appear.

There must be some new shortcut commands for mouse ''gestures'' or something similar?!??!

PS: I put every acad from 2008,... 2012 back to classicly ''normal'' as much as possible. I have all kinds of automatisations disabled.

Any help would be grately greatly appreciated.

I guess you still have the big red "A" in the upper left corner. Click it.

Go to TOOLS > OPTIONS > USER PREFERENCES > RIGHT CLICK CUSTOMIZATION.

With Time sensetive right click turned off, set the choices the way you like them to be. I think you want right click to = 'ENTER'.

Actualy, I have only ''Double click editing'' enabled in 'Windows Standard Behavior'. ''Shortcut menus in drawing area'' is disabled, niether was enabled on elder acads and it worked perfectly.

I have just tried with 'Command mode' -> ''If any command is in progress, right-click means'' -> ENTER enabled. It works great now, except shortcut menus, that I don't like.

Is it possible to define what right-click means in any situation?

TNX Dana W!

Is it possible to define what right-click means in any situation?

TNX Dana W!

There may be, if you know how to use the customizing features of the CUI, but I don't do much of that, so I can't really say how to do it. I am still trying to learn the standard stuff and that seems never ending in itself.

Once I had my right click options set the way I wanted them, I turned on time sensitive right click at 250 ms. Now with a quick click I get the behavior I want with an active command, and a slow click gets me the pop-up menu so I can start a command if I want. I also keep 'PICKFIRST' set to "1" so I can grab a bunch of objects before starting the command.

I have 'PICKFIRST' set to 1, also.

It seems to me that somethimes I press right and left mouse buttons together, when I’m in a hurry. That must trigger some command in acad 2012 ?!

Yes!!

I’m confirming that pressing mouse button 1 and 2 (left and right) together and making move while they are pressed triggers command!

Now, where on earth do I disable this useless feature or BUG?!?

Probabily best way to solve this issue is to conntact Acutodesk support.

OK. I found solution myself.

Apperently this is some new weird feature, not a bug. PICKDRAG has one new option [2] which is default in 2012:

http://heidihewett.blogs.com/my_weblog/2011/06/pickdrag-system-variable-in-autocad-2012.html

I set it back to [0] (default for elder versions) and it works perfectly now :D

Interesting. That could be a helpful bit of information to novices. Glad you found that one.

Now I have a mouse issue but I know the solution is to replace the little critter completely. It seems the left button is worn and don't always take the click, and at other times it double clicks on its own. Try AutoCAD with that goin' on. :shock: It's hardware absolutely, cuz it does it on the desktop too. No suggested solutions required. Just thought I'd mention it.

• 5 months later...

Dana, I'm not sure your problem is your mouse. My co-worker and I are experiencing the same problems as novator described. We have -.sysvdlg setting set w/ "PICKFIRST" to (1) and "PICKDRAG" to (0), and we are still having the same problem. Outside of AutoCAD 2012, it is fine. I have checked several posts and googled quite a bit on the matter, and unfortunately, I still have not found the answer. If I find it, I'll be sure to post it.

Mike

Dana, I'm not sure your problem is your mouse. My co-worker and I are experiencing the same problems as novator described. We have -.sysvdlg setting set w/ "PICKFIRST" to (1) and "PICKDRAG" to (0), and we are still having the same problem. Outside of AutoCAD 2012, it is fine. I have checked several posts and googled quite a bit on the matter, and unfortunately, I still have not found the answer. If I find it, I'll be sure to post it.

Mike

It was my mouse. Replaced, and problem gone. I don't have sysdrag in 2009 LT.

I have AutoCAD 2011 LT at home, and I didn't have a problem there either. I believe this particular problem is an issue with AutoCAD 2012, the full version, which we us at work. Glad the mouse worked in your case.