Page Orientation - Automatic Selection

nicolas

Hi,

Is there a way to automate the page orientation when plotting. Each time when doing pdf, I have to select portrait versus landscape through I believe that 297x210 or when width>height window selection could already infer a landscape selection to the program.

Also with respect to pdf printing: Is there a way to define a path for all the pdfs to go and to use the layout name as a prefix for the pdf. For additional info, I use cutepdf.

Regards,

Nicolas.

You should be able to save your Portrait or Landscape and any other settings in you PC3 file.

As far as folders and defining a path, I don't really know. There is supposed to be a setting in either Autocad or Windows that goes to the last folder used. But when I'm plotting pdf's sometimes it defaults to the folder that the dwg file is in , and sometimes it's a folder "up" or multiple folders "up". It can be annoying.

The plotter print to file and pdf folder is a choice you add to the Files list in Tools > Options > Plot and Publish, but that is for AutoCAD. I dunno what CutseywutesyPDF does with it. I use TrueView from AutoDesk for all my pdf plots because it just copies the WHOLE drawing definition straight from AutoCAD, *.pc3, file structure, and all when you open the dwg with it. It looks just like AutoCAD. Right click a layout tab and plot and it already has all the Layout ready to be previewed and plotted.

It also can do Batch Plot and Publish and it handles all the font problems that AutoCAD 2009 seems to suffer from.

I keep my workspace background colors different in TrueView so I don't forget:unsure: and try to edit in it. You can't.

HI,

There is no such options as automatic portrait/landscape orientation based on selection size (so far as I can judge) in options > plot and publish. A lisp or a pdf printer that incorporate such feature based on width compared with height relationship would be quite an advantage. Regarding "Default location for plot to file operations": it is a full path options which is not as flexible as a relative path option. I have never worked with trueview and have not worked for many years with dwg to pdf after encountering margin errors with it. Is not trueview a dwg viewer? What does it have to do with pdf plotting?

Regards,

Nicolas.

HI,

Is not trueview a dwg viewer? What does it have to do with pdf plotting?

Regards,

Nicolas.

The new version is much more than that and actually works. It saves in many prior dwg versions so you can share with your cheapscate friends still using r14, and plots/publishes using the AutoCAD parameters set within the dwg by the Page layout.

TrueView really has nothing to do with plot to pdf other then it plots just like autocad without errors. TrueView does not suffer from the huge file syndrome that AutoCAD does when plotting a pdf and it also does not seem to choke on plotting text clearly like my 2009 LT dies under.

Hi,

Thank you very much for the notes on trueview. I have always thought the program to be a viewer and nothing more and consider it optional. I will try this and many thanks for the info.

Regards,

Nicolas.

Thanks for the info Dana. I did not know Drawing True View plotted to PDF. I'm gonna have to give that a try.
It It pretty much copies your set up previously specified in your AutoCAD program. You can change the plot parameters once your dwg is open in trueview, also.