AutoCAD LT 2010 not responding

Kitsapken

I have LT 2010 running on Windows XP Pro SP3 32 bit. For whatever reason it is freezing up after I start up the program. It will bring up a new drawing and then freeze up if I initiate a command. Was running fine and now not at all. I've uninstalled and re-installed several times. The "Publishers Certificate Revocation" is cleared. Don't know what to do and I have a job i need to have done by Monday.

After fooling around with it more, I found that I can type in commands, but cannot access the menu bar or tools. If I move my mouse up and click on anything in the menu it freezes. I've never seen this before and have been using AutoCAD a long time.

When you did the uninstall/reinstall did you follow AutoDesk recommended practices for ensuring that all former elements of AutoCAD LT were properly removed prior to reinstalling?

When I uninstalled it from the add/remove program in Windows "Control Panel" it said it was successful. Is there another way or something else I should have done? I read on Autodesk support site that if there are missing .dll files or changed .dll files in Windows that this may cause an issue with not being able to use the menus and tools.

Thanks for the link. I removed all the folders and registry items related to AutoCAD. Rebooted and installed AutoCAD again. It opened up and was working fine for a couple minutes then it just freezes when I try to access the menu bar or tool palette. This is so frustrating, because I've never had a problem like this in 20 years.

You could read through this on Autodesk.

From what I gather from that thread, it seems to be a registry problem, but I will go ahead and ask. What AntiVirus software are you using?

None Super Mod. I did however download Malwarebytes and CCleaner to see if that would help clean things up after I started having problems. That didn't help my AutoCAD issue. Last night I downloaded Revo Uninstaller and uninstalled AutoCAD and then tried again. I also reset the number of recent files to display to "0" and still same problem. I keep getting the same error message and could not find anything in a Google search.