mirror cmnd in paper space didn't return expects results

khoshravan

I thought by using mirror command in paper space I can get the mirror of my drawing, but it returns the same drawing.

So if I want to have mirror of my drawing, first I have to mirror it in model space and then get the entire drawing in PS.

Other commands, like copy, rotate, scale, affects whole model in PS but apparently rotate doesn't.

Is there any key to change this behavior?

Mirror is mirror. What were you expecting? Mirror a drawing of your left hand it will look like a drawing of your right hand.

Why would you think that mirroring your model space drawing would result in a mirror image in paper space? It does not work that way.

What do you mean by "rotate" does not affect the whole model? What are you rotating? A viewport?

Mirror is mirror. What were you expecting? Mirror a drawing of your left hand it will look like a drawing of your right hand.

Why would you think that mirroring your model space drawing would result in a mirror image in paper space? It does not work that way.

What do you mean by "rotate" does not affect the whole model? What are you rotating? A viewport?

Rotating my left hand drawing will show my right hand in model space but it doesn't show so in paper space. It just show left hand again.

About rotate, yes I am rotating the view port and whole model visible in the viewport rotates with it. I know that it could be controlled by a cad command, namely VPROTATEASSOC. But mirroring a viewport doesn't bring the mirrored model. Just the border of the viewport is mirrored.

Hope that I was able enough to express what I meant.

You can get what you are looking for by changing the view within the viewport to "Bottom." If you want a top to bottom mirror, rotate that viewport 180 degrees.

I thought by using mirror command in paper space I can get the mirror of my drawing, but it returns the same drawing.

So if I want to have mirror of my drawing, first I have to mirror it in model space and then get the entire drawing in PS.

Other commands, like copy, rotate, scale, affects whole model in PS but apparently rotate doesn't.

Is there any key to change this behavior?

Newer releases of AutoCAD let you rotate the Viewport and the model will follow. Mirror on a viewport will still not work.

To rotate a view in a viewport, while the vp is current, UCS, Z, 90. Plan, Current. This is one of several ways to do this.

To mirror a view use UCS, Y, 180, Plan, Current.