MText Leader Lines

Guest JoeRoscia

Guest JoeRoscia

I've been experiencing a problem I just can't figure out. I have a drawing where I've placed some text with the Mtext command utilizing multi-leader. In one location I have text with the leader in the correct lineweight. In an other location on the drawing, on a different layer, more text (correct lineweight) with a leader so thin you have a difficult time seeing it when plotted.

I used the same commands when contructing both sets of text and the only difference being their on different layers. In the layer manager both layer lineweights are set to "Default".

Any ideas on hoe to fix this?

Check your plot style. If you are using a .ctb and those layers are different colors, you might be using different lineweights for them.

Your .ctb file is set up to "Use Object lineweight" for all colors, so you have to assign them to the objects. The green ones have an assigned lineweight of 0.00 mm. The cyan ones are set to "By Layer." Pick one or the other according to your offices standards.

Guest JoeRoscia

WOW, if I wasn't completely confused before I am now! Where do I find this info?

I came from an office that plotted simply by color ie, red=very thin, yellow=thin, green=medium, cyan=thick, etc. Lines plotted at exactly the correct thickness and never-ever ran into these problems.

If this is new to you, you should check with your CAD manager for your office standards. You can find and change the lineweights in the properties box.

Lineweight.jpg

Guest JoeRoscia

Rob-

Thanks so much for your help! Not sure how the lineweight changed to 0.00mm but I was able to fix it. Thanks again for your time!