Drawing paper space or model space

12Chris

I just checked and AutoCAD 2004 was the first version with the CHSPACE command

Sorry to come in a bit late, but CHSPACE was NOT a inbuilt command even in 2005. It was still in Express Tools.

Have you got Express Tools loaded?

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 12Chris

• ReMark

• eldon

• fuccaro

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

In post #2 fucarro states that CHSPACE was a command found in Express Tools in AutoCAD 2004.

And then in post #9 he posted contradictory information. Just trying to set the record straight :D

Not sure what to make o this. One site says that Express Tools are just in the Inventor series. Another says it's automatically installed.

Anyway, when I first installed this on my Windows Vista machine, "register server has stopped working" kept coming up. Even now, AutoCAD seems to run fine, but every time I close it, "This program has stopped working". Lady at Autodesk said that it's not supported beyond XP. I have a couple XP machines here, but they're old and slow. This is my main machine. Any you guys found a workaround for either of those issues?

Not sure what to make o this. One site says that Express Tools are just in the Inventor series. Another says it's automatically installed.

Since R14 to I am not quite sure when, Express Tools was available as a free download from AutoDesk web site. Then it was included on the Installation disc from I don't know when (but I am sure someone does).

If you are running 2004 and did not download ExpressTools, you probably have missed the boat, unless you can find someone to pass over a copy of their file. :cry:

AutoCAD 2004 came with the option to load Express Tools right off the installation CD. It's even mentioned in the "AutoCAD 2004 Bible" by Ellen Finkelstein.

Early on Express Tools was available on separate VIP (Very Important Partnership) CDs from AutoDesk released each quarter. I have four from 1999.

Allright then! Express Tools loaded the first time; I just closed them because I just thought they were some bells and whistles that were available anyway. I'm so used to generally using the command line - I find it way quicker.

So each and every time I close this application, "AutoCAD Application has stopped working" comes up. I'm wondering whether I have to worry about this or not.

Also when I open drawings sent to me, sometimes "the drawing contains...unavailable ObjectARX application". What's this?

Run the REPAIR option for the first problem. That too should be on your installation CD if it isn't found under Add/Remove Programs in the Control Panel.

Allright then! Express Tools loaded the first time; I just closed them because I just thought they were some bells and whistles that were available anyway. I'm so used to generally using the command line - I find it way quicker.

So each and every time I close this application, "AutoCAD Application has stopped working" comes up. I'm wondering whether I have to worry about this or not.

Also when I open drawings sent to me, sometimes "the drawing contains...unavailable ObjectARX application". What's this?

For the second problem go to HERE and download OBJECT ENABLERS.