Anyone seen an image like this before?

Richard Kett

Hi,

This happens when zooming in or panning with mouse wheel, renders the drawing useless until the file is closed then reopended. Having reopended its very unstable and eventually does it again.

Tried audit recover etc and trying to purge loads of xrefs that have been installed, with maybe some dodgy embeded blocks.

any help would save me going mad!

thankscad1.jpg

Yes, I'm afraid that there is an identical one in your previous thread.

(Sorry, I just couldn't refrain on this one. Please ask a moderator to remove one of those threads.)

Regards,

Mircea

Yes, I’m afraid that there an identical one in your previous thread.

(Sorry, I just couldn't refrain on this one. Please ask a moderator to remove one of those threads.)

Regards,

Mircea

Done :) .About

About your question - I am wondering what those objects are? Are they really lines? It looks like something converted from a PDF or something... -..

A

NMI (Need More Information)

Are you doing this on a computer? If so, does the computer have an Operating System (OS)? If so, does the computer also have some sort of Random Access Memory (RAM)? If so, does this computer have a Graphics Card? :ouch:

Sorry couldn't help myself, but it had to be asked. :ouch:

Is this just the ONE drawing? Is it SEVERAL drawings? Is it EVERY drawing? Does this happen in other programs?

hI,

This is just one file thats causing the issue, dont laugh but still havin to put up with windows 2000 and adt 2005, only 1gb of RAM.

I am thinking as this file has more aec walls/windows/doors etc than any other by a long way, its the lack of ram causing the problem?

I saw this on my old computer from time to time. If I changed the fonts from TrueType to .shx the problem would not reoccur. Are you using TT fonts? Try changing to see if it makes a difference.

Holy Shades of Missle Command, Batman!!

I agree with rkent...older machines, operating systems and some older versions of autocad stumble over the truetype fonts. It all boils down to your video card not knowing what to do with some of the information the processor is giving it and is resorting to the lowest resolution possible to put something on the screen.

I can't recall if 2005 had the option to "purge nested items" or not. If it does, be sure it's checked, but even then you may have to run it 2 or three times to get everything. If it doesn't, run purge 6 or 8 times one right behind the other or until purgeable (is that a word?) items quit showing up in the window. Then hit the save button, close the drawing and reopen it to clear the "undo" cache. If it's file size that's causing the problem, the less your machine has to remember the better.

If you can't get it to work, post the file if it's not too big, or even email it to me and I'll take a look.

With Windows 2000, you might try changing your screen resolution too. As I recall, it was sometimes a little flakey with some of the choices. Back up to 800 x 600 (or even 640 x 480) and see if the problem goes away. Turn off any screen savers and desktop themes, set your desktop to windows classic or whatever it's called...you know, the standard blue and white thing.