Binding Raster Images

bennyboy86

Hi everyone,

My question is:

Is there anyway to bind a raster image to a drawing?

Everytime I bind/insert my title block the images dont bind in and also the file paths get deleted. Asked most of the drafters I know and everyone says it cant be done, which is what i think.

but i figured maybe someone here has tha magical answer to my question.

Normally I would use a CAD version of the Logos (for the client/architect,etc.) but sometime there isnt one available so have to use raster images.

thanks for you help.

Yes. Just open your image in paint or P.S. and copy a selection to the clipboard. Paste the selection into acad and it will stay locally in the drawing.

frank hull - by the sounds of that it will only work for one drawing. I am talking about up to 150 drawings a job so that isnt a quick thing to do.

rkmcswain - thanks for that will check it out and let you know it worked for me.

frank hull - by the sounds of that it will only work for one drawing. I am talking about up to 150 drawings a job so that isnt a quick thing to do.

rkmcswain - thanks for that will check it out and let you know it worked for me.

I thought you stated it was for your titleblock? Insert into the block and update your block definitions. There is no Magic Wand, they only work in the movies.

ok technically it is a title sheet that we xref into each drawing, but we call it the title block, so not an actual block. By the sounds of what he was saying unless i read it wrong was that he copy and paste into each single drawing, and like i said that wouldnt work.

Rkmcswain - i had a look and yep if i use the OLE Object to insert my images it works, thanks for that.

• 2 years later...
  • 1 month later...
Hi everyone,

My question is:

Is there anyway to bind a raster image to a drawing?

Everytime I bind/insert my title block the images dont bind in and also the file paths get deleted. Asked most of the drafters I know and everyone says it cant be done, which is what i think.

but i figured maybe someone here has tha magical answer to my question.

Normally I would use a CAD version of the Logos (for the client/architect,etc.) but sometime there isnt one available so have to use raster images.

thanks for you help.

I met the similar issue that wants to bind a logo in my title block. Hope this works for you.

Remove/delete your referenced image, and it's entry in REFERENCE MANAGER.

2. Open the image in a graphics program that will allow you to 'select all' (this is important, don;t gloss over it).

3. Select All to capture your image.

4. Copy to clipboard.

5. Open AutoCAD, then paste (CTRL+V). Now resize it to fit back where your referenced image used to be.

6. Yes, it may look fuzzy. Yes it may print fuzzy too. No, you can't do much else about it, it's an OLE, what you want, 'embedded'.

7. Turn off it's frame using OLEFRAME or FRAME variables (0 or 2).