Example Autocad assignments

ProTmzn

Does anyone have autocad assignments which allow you to learn the program? These could be from a class you have taken, or just good examples that cover many aspects of AutoCad.

Thinks...

You know, that's such a good idea. We could keep a library of assignments here for those that need them. If anyone has that sort of thing lying around, let me know.

Thinks...

You know, that's such a good idea. We could keep a library of assignments here for those that need them. If anyone has that sort of thing lying around, let me know.

Don't you do that already in the tutorial section? Or were you being sarcastic and I missed it?

Don't you do that already in the tutorial section? Or were you being sarcastic and I missed it?

No, seriously. Tutorials is one thing but exercises and assignments is something different - it's what you do after the tutorials. If anyone has some good examples, we can publish them here to compliment the tutorials.

Yeah looking for Autocad assignments, but if people have some pertaining to civil 3D that will work too. I can learn from both 2D and 3D. Really anything that involves real world assignments.

I was thinking just assignments from classes people took, or just good examples on learning the software. It doesn't have to be civil or structural, or even 3D for that matter. Just something hands on, rather than reading from a book or watching extensive tutorials.

Good examples on learning the software can be gleaned from aftermarket books that come with companion CDs with exercises keyed to each chapter. Ex. - AutoCAD 2007 3D Modeling - A Visual Approach by Kalameja.

Another way to get in some practice is to open up any book on manual drafting and do the exercises at the end of each chapter. Ex. - Basic Technical Drafting by Spencer.

You also have the option of picking up anything in your house and drawing it in CAD. Measure and draw up a floor plan of your house or apartment. Draw the wall elevations depicting all window and door openings. Detail any mouldings.

If you want a real world assignment I'll give you one involving a covered drum storage facility with dike walls, structural steel columns and beams and a portion of a pipe rack thrown in for good measure.

Buy a book on Civil 3D and it should come with accompanying dwg projects for it (i.e. road design, pipe network design, grading etc).