DText not prompting for text rotation angle

I've received a drawing from a client today and in it there are several text styles. One has Arial as its font. When this text style is current and we insert some dtext AutoCAD does not prompt for the text rotation angle, it uses the last rotation angle we used.

As far as I know there is no system variable that controls this behaviour, or have I missed it. Other delivered text styles do not have this problem. Has anyone experienced this before.

If we WBLOCK the whole drawing out and insert it as a block into our template for this client , the problem disappears. Strange :?

The drawing was produced as a DXF from an Intergraph GIS program, its not a native AutoCAD drawing.

That's a new one on me. If you define a height in the style you don't get prompted for that but I have never seen the rotation not being requested. Even if you have defined a vertical style you still get asked.

If you have missed the variable then I have too. Not an extensive search but nothing obvious.

Can you post a screen shot of the style page, just in case you have missed something blindingly obvious?

Can you post a screen shot of the style page, just in case you have missed something blindingly obvious?

Textstyle.JPG

I can't see anything here that would cause a problem The default height has been changed to 0.000 and the problem still persists :?

Of course it could be you Auf dem Kopf hasn't been set correctly :lol:

Edited by dbroada
stupid remark removed, leaving only?

Say you have put in some Dtext already in the editing session. Then you start the Dtext again, and when it asks for a starting point, you do not pick a point but press Enter, the new text will be a next line continuation of the previous text (and on the same layer), and a rotation angle is not asked for.

Just shooting in the dark here, but does the problem persist if you type ".dtext" to start the command?

Yes Lee it does, but as I said only with this text style.

Say you have put in some Dtext already in the editing session. Then you start the Dtext again, and when it asks for a starting point, you do not pick a point but press Enter, the new text will be a next line continuation of the previous text (and on the same layer), and a rotation angle is not asked for.

Correct. But that's normal, isn't it?