Dimensions in vp are set scaling to match viewport

Dim style is set to scale dims to match vp but when I layout a dimension it is not correct. I ran the "dimreassociate" command and that fixes it but only on the dim that I fix/selected. What am I missing? This is an existing legacy drawing so there must be some setting that has been changed.

TIA

I wish I could help, I have all kinds of dimension problems with legacy drawings. I usually get it like I want in properties then matchprop the rest. The other way is to make a new dimstyle with all the settings and do a Dimension update.

Argh!!!! As soon as I post I find it.

"Dimassoc" was set to 1 instead of 2

That was easy enough.

Edited by SLW210

Anyway, I am glad you mentioned that, I am once again in a legacy drawing and I checked... "DIMASSOC = 1" for some reason it always seems the case.

Drawings saved in a format previous to AutoCAD 2002 retain the setting of the DIMASSOC system variable. When the drawing is reopened in AutoCAD 2002 or later, the dimension associativity setting is restored. If a legacy drawing is opened in AutoCAD 2002, the DIMASSOC system variable takes on the value of the legacy drawing's DIMASO system variable.