Highlights problem always zero

aldooliquino

hi guys im using autocad 2010..when i open autocad there is a message like this..."AutoCAD menu utilities loaded.; error: bad argument type: stringp nil

; error: bad argument type: stringp nil"

Im always switching the highlight value to 1 every time i open the file...

can u help me guys how to set the value fixed in 1...thanks in advance..

Highlight? As when you pick objects they are not being highlighted? This is set in Options > Selection.

Re: the menu utilities problem. How has this affected your system? Do you have access to the menu bar?

Thanks for the reply Remark. when i picked lines to erase i cannot see the dashed line...to make that dash line appear when erase or cut i set the HIGHLIGHT from 0 to 1....the problem every time i open the file the same problem again....i tried already the option then selection. i already re install the auto cad but still the problem there.

I would have tried the REPAIR option before even considering an uninstall/reinstall. When you did the uninstall did you follow the AutoDesk recommended procedures?

I suppose you could create an acaddoc.lsp file and add a line that always presets Highlight to "1" whenever AutoCAD is first loaded.

I am not at my CAD computer at the moment so I cannot delve further into the problem of why Highlight keeps resetting to "0" unless you are forgetting to click on the Apply button after changing the option.

Are you running some third party add-on or trying to load some custom LISP? Post the entire command line you receive when starting AutoCAD.

here guys the message when i open autocad 2010..i didn't put any add-on and also the lisp...thanks for the reply

Customization file loaded successfully. Customization Group: ACAD

Customization file loaded successfully. Customization Group: CUSTOM

Customization file loaded successfully. Customization Group: IMPRESSION

Customization file loaded successfully. Customization Group: AUTODESKSEEK

Customization file loaded successfully. Customization Group: EXPRESS

Regenerating model.

; error: bad character read (octal): 0

AutoCAD menu utilities loaded.; error: bad argument type: numberp: nil

; error: bad character read (octal): 0

Command: COMMANDLINE