Modeling a wire mesh

bilalbajwa

Sorry, the option to save in 2010 is not possible. Here are a few screen shots. I will try to post the procedure later, let me know if your interested.

View2.jpg

View1.jpg

That's is so cool. Thanks a lot. I never thought i will get a video in response. I am still wondering how you generated the text file :?. What are all those values in text file. I have a wire mesh in hand and i want to run analysis on it. I also have a digital vernier caliper to take the measurements but I don't know what the values in text file are? Please explain.

Thanks a lot for help.:D

Edited by bilalbajwa

The text file was generated in Excel and is used for "Curve Through XYZ Points" in SW. The values in text file reference the XYZ coordinate system. When you use this feature you can enter data manually or import a text file. In this example we only want to create a curve on the XY plane. Therefore our Z value will be set to "0" for all points. See attached photo, I created a sketch and dimensioned the points so you can understand how I generated the file. Create a new part using the Curve Through XYZ point feature, enter the values manually based on image below. You will end up with a curve identical to the one I created.

XYZ_Points.jpg

CurveThroughXYZ.jpg

• 1 month later...

Well, this method seems elegant enough so I tried to produce a larger size mesh. It's all fine up until the point that when I need to copy/rotate basic solid. I simply cannot do it no matter what I try. I mean, I used the feature in the past but at this point I'm stuck and I suspect I might missing something.

Any help would be appreciated. ;)

BTW - I uploaded file to http://ifile.it/e89j6n3/Wiremashprob.zip because of the larger size (~700 kB).

• 1 year later...