How to convert Autocad Drawings To JPEG

atulkumarengineer

Hi!

I have just finished a project. I want to convert drawings to JPEG or any other appropriate format so that I can make a 15 min video presentation on Camtasia Studio or Power Point.

Please Help

Regards,

Atul

JPGOUT is nice, thanks for that tiger. good that you can choose what 'prints'. but maybe it would be beneficial to print to pdfs (unless there is a better format?) for better quality output. not sure if ppt can import pdf.

Yeah, I have yet to figure out how (or if) you can control the size and quality of the JPG with JPGOUT, but like you said, the limiting feature is handy.

I stay away from PowerPoint like a dog from water so I can't say anything about that and that's all I have to say about that.

You can control all that by using the "add a plotter wizard" and choosing the Independent JPEG Group as the plotter.

jpeg plotter.JPG

• 2 weeks later...
Sir,

can you explain step by step procedure.

Thanks in advance

Regards,

Atul

Go to the "file" menu and down to "plotter manager". That will open a window with several options, so double click on the add a plotter wizard shortcut. When the "add plotter introduction page" pops up, hit "next". Check to see that the "my computer" radio button is selected and hit next again. When the next screen opens, under "manufacturers" scroll down and select "raster file formats". Then in the "models" window, select "independent jpeg group..." and hit the "next" button twice. On the "add plotter ports" screen, make sure "plot to file" is selected and hit next again. If you want to rename the Jpeg thing, you can do it now, or leave it and hit next again. Then hit "edit plotter configuration" and the dialog box from my previous post will appear. You can then click on and edit any available parameters to suit yourself. There are context sensitive help buttons along the way if you need more information.

• 2 years later...

This is a 2 and a half year old thread!!

For what its worth I dwg to pdf print then open the pdf in GIMP and save as JPEG or PNG from there.

I've never successfully created a jpg with legible text. When I have a large drawing to convert to jpg for a presentation (in a large hall on a 70" projector screen) the jpg files always came out very large and the text looked fuzzy using the pdf conversion method has given me better results.

If I'm missing something (I haven't tried Jacks method and I can't view vidoes at work in case I enjoy myself) I'll give it another go.

• 1 month later...

Try using plot JPEG but set a up a new sheet size that is based on min 200dpi work out your title block etc in my case a A1 sheet about 6377x4409 pixels and use Window Fit it squishes the dwg making it higher res. A individual part would use a size that matches still at 200dpi say a A4 sheet. 2338x1653 as a sheet size

I did try something along those lines and wasn't happy with the results, I was working to A4 paper size so I multiplied the 297x210 by a couple hundred and there was something I didn't like, either file size or text being fuzzy still. Thinking about it, it may have been the time it took to output the file. It was a long while ago and the pdf output to GIMP also gives me an opportunity for tidying up and addign coloured notes etc. whilst I'm there.