Dimension Scale reversion?

DANIEL

My co-worker seems to have possibly corrupted an entire set of drawings with this issue, that being that any sort of dimensional manipulation reverts the scale facter to some squirrelly negative number. Does anyone know of a way of correcting this? And what has caused this in the first place?

DIMENSION PROBLEM.jpg

• Replies 24
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• DANIEL

• ReMark

• SLW210

• designerstuart

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Does this mean there will soon be a job vacancy at your company? LOL

Try setting both DIMSCALE and DIMLFAC to a value of 1. What happens?

it reverts back to -2304, no matter what number you put there. I can get around it by doing a match properties on a dim that still has the correct factor.

ps.

I can't fire him, I need him and have invested to much time in him. lol

i've not seen this problem coming from AutoCAD Architecture before. if matchprop fixes it, there must be some property in there that is causing the problem? what are the differences between a good and bad one? select one of each, and scroll thru properties, see which properties say VARIES.

sorry if you've tried this already! can it be anything to do with the scale list? or is there some odd number set as a default?

I'm not away of any information having come from Architectual but it is possible as there are entities that were generated by outside companies inserted into these files.

no worries stuart, i have compared the good with the bad and see no differences, mind you, matching the properties only works till you do something with the chproperties dimstyle or some sort of manipulation, through grips or what ever.

unfortunately i don't have access to a copy of architectual, guess i'll have to look into a 30 day free trial lol

unfortunately I can't legally post the file on a public domain. cleaning it up would leave an empty model space with a viewport and dimensions in paperspace, so I don't know how much one can discern from just that.

okay, while cleaning this up and severing my xreferences I desided to look at the dims and they work fine now .........

it has to be something in my base file and I can't give that out.

A victim of your own success.

yes, unfortunately its a blank success lol, I think your on to something with the autocad architectual, whether that programs the cuplrit or not, i have an entity that has been brought in from an outside source thats causing this.

I'm not seeing any discrepancies betwwen my text styles and my dimension style, unless theres something I'm not aware of beside the dimstyle and text style settings?

Could it be conflicting text styles with the same name?

Sorry, should be...

Could it be conflicting Dimension styles with the same name overwriting?