Progressive Numbers For Drawings

Steve_wright

I was wondering if it is possible for drawings to be numbered automatically when ever you do a new drawing ..

for example i could call the part number of the drawing 0001.... then when i open and do another drawing it will automatically call the part number 0002 and so on .

is this possible to do in inventor 2010 ?

:unsure:Steve

• 3 weeks later...

I don't know if that's something that can be possible without a little programming but my process is to name my part 0001 and have the idw insert the part number of the drawing. The .idw pulls the properties from the model and automatically inserts it into the title block. Then the drawing file name is the same as the part name with the exception of the extension, ie, part number 0001.ipt = 0001.idw, etc.

You can do this with Vault Collaboration or higher. Otherwise you can use an iLogic rule to go to a spreadsheet of drawing numbers and pull the next one, but that is still tricky to integrate.