Automatically add letters/numbers after text

how do i do this?

Hey all, i was wondering if it is possible to automatically add letters/numbers after i type something?

Say I have a table full of cups, i count these cups and i find i have 9. "9 cups" is what i want to see after i type "9" and hit 'Enter'

Because "9" is shorter in horizontal length than "10" i want this text to automattically add itself in after ive typed in my information, otherwise i could have had another line of text placed after it, but because the infomation changes in horizontal length, it is easier to automatically fill in another word following..

I hope this is easy enough to understand, please if you have ANY ideas, please mention them!

I don't know of any automatic way. If I have lots of similar text to ype I usually have " CUPS" in my clipboard so I can type 9 . Alternatively you can write some code to add "CUPS" to a selection of text when the drawing is finished.

There are annotation lisps out there (I use one that is here somewhere) where you can specify a Prefix or Suffix first, and then proceed to place positioning balloons and the prefix/suffixes adds itself automatically.

I'll see if I can find the one I use.

edit: http://www.cadtutor.net/forum/showthread.php?54088-Adding-the-Tagset-to-another-Lisp.&highlight=tagset - that's the one I use.