Animation with Mates

vaibhavsr

I had done my assembly, but for last 2 and half week i stuck with a problem. am very much frustrated now. I spent the sleepless nights on the net for searching the videos/pdf/tutorials regarding the problem but doest get the best suited solution. Now the problem is that i need to setup a certain animation but m not able to do it properly.(I Am a beginner to SW, most of the features in SW i learned through the tutorials available over the net) i have attach the pic of the assembly.

[ATTACH]28428[/ATTACH][ATTACH]28429[/ATTACH]

Assembly 3.jpg

Assembly 2.jpg

Assembly 1.jpg

You can manually simulate this using physical dynamics in the assembly. I talk briefly about physical dynamics here.

http://www.solidworkslessons.info/#!__assemblies-pd

This isnt exactly what you want but i talk about setting up an animation with gravity and physical interactions.

http://www.mymlcservices.com/index.php?option=com_hwdvideoshare&task=viewvideo&Itemid=306&video_id=274

you will need to setup an advanced motion study and use cam mates to see how they will physically interact.

There are other options as well. There are some advanced mates which simulate things like this but you will be setting up how things interact rather them letting them interact.

I would give physical dynamics using Move/Rotate in the assembly first. Keep in mind this is a really drag on your computer. I talk about that in the chain/sprocket video a little as well.

Thanx shift1313......

when i used the cam mates, the Vertical rod and the hing always remains in the contact (tangent), but my starting position is as shown in last pic (In otherwords when moving upward direction, after certain position the hing and vertical rod should be free, as the top portion of assembly has to move further in up direction) so cam mate doest solve my problem...

i dont knw wht is physical dynamics???? can u give me some video tutorial regarding this???

The cam mate in a motion study is different than the cam mate in an assembly. In an assembly you need to have a path(edge or sketch). In a motion study you are driving it by physical contact.

Did you search the help menu for physical dynamics or try what i said above? You have to use Move/Rotate and there is a check box for physical dynamics. I also show this in the second link talking about chains.

Vai - welcome to the forums first of all :)

I have changed the title of your thread, in the future please use more descriptive titles. I am however not so sure that the title I put is descriptive, so please let me know if it misses the point completely.

@tiger- in future i will take care for that..

@shift

i have seen the video and gone accordingly, but now the problem is that during assembly when i clicked on physical dynamics option it shows me the message "This assembly contains limit mates. these mates will be held in position when using physical dynamics"

can you distinguish between Animation, basic motion & Motion Analysis????

@shift

I gone through the video and followed the steps, but now in assembly when i click on the physical dynamics option it shows me the following message

" this assembly contains the limit mates. These mates will be held in there current position when using physical dynamics"

i clicked ok and gone forward and stared to drag the assembly to downwards, then another message pops up "model started in colliding position. Physical dynamics has disabled" so because of that i am not able to use the physical dynamics.

i had one Q. in my assembly i had another moving part (As indicated by "C" in the second pic) is the second message arise because of that? coz whenever i move the assembly in up-down that part also moves horizontally. is there any way to restrict that horizontal motion????

if any of the components are intersecting when you start physical dynamics it will fail. If you can move the assembly to a position that doesnt have any interference it should work. You can go to Tools> interference detection and have Solidworks find these areas.

Animation allows you to manually move and animate components. It doesnt care about physical interactions between parts.

Basic motion and motion analysis are very similar but Motion Analysis is more precise and if you are using gravity or complex interaction I would use Motion Analysis.

There are a lot of advanced mates that do different things. How is that part restricted in real life?

@ shift.....Thanx...

ok, now i have solve the interference problem and also able to apply the physical dynamics. But now, how can i apply it during the motion study?

You are asking about which part?

one more, whenever i clicked on motion study 1 tab it always shows me the message "Due to model changes , the following components cannot be moved to their previously-specified location at the start"

Why this message is shown?