Penn Foster Oleson Village project

bracken2

I have moved your question to its own thread.

In the future, when you have a question, please start a new thread. Don't tack your question on to the end of someone else's.

Also, did you forget to attach something? Or have you really done nothing for the last 4 months? :unsure:

proj05403900.dwg

Ok, this is project I have been trying to rework my subdivision, I see yall have work with others on this project, i have try reading some of the question, but being new to autocad, I'm still having problems on getting my lines in the right place. please can you help me?

I didn't open your drawing, but can you explain what you mean when you say "I'm still having problems on getting my lines in the right place"?

When you ask questions, you should provide a screenshot or a pdf. Not everyone has Autocad in front of them.

Looking at your drawing, I see a number of issues. What specifically are you having trouble with? I've never taken the Penn Foster course, so I don't have the materials. You'll need to post what they told you to do, and as much as you can, describe how you attempted it so we can help you figure out where you got off course.

look at forum from batman, and that what it should look at

I have no idea what this means, but since I'm here, I'll tell you what I see that you might consider doing differently. This is advice offered because you asked, so don't take it wrong. I'm not picking on you, just pointing out some practices you might want to avoid doing in the future.

1. A lot of the lines in your drawing are not continuous lines, they are little short segments strung end to end. This will drive not only you crazy if you ever have to edit this or put dimensions on it, but if anyone comes along behind you and tries to edit this he may hunt you up and discuss it in an unpleasant manner. I changed the colors of some of them below to show you what I was talking about.

2. There's what appears to be a point at the center of the circular drive or whatever it is near the top of the page. If I "list" that point, is shows up as a zero radius, zero length arc, not a point. Points are handy tools, and I encourage you to use them for stuff like that instead of random bits of other geometry. You've got a couple other spots that look like point, but they list as near zero length lines.

3. I gave you a magnified view of one corner. Tidy corners make your drawing look professional, and will give you accurate dimensions. Ones like this, well, they can cause you problems. The three lots in this row all have corners like this along the same edge.

4. Do you not know or not remember how to finish the second circular drive? It can be done the same way the other one is...if you can't remember what you did, let us know and one of us will talk you through it.

5. You've got a few stray lines laying around. Since I don't know the course materials, I don't know why they are there, perhaps they are necessary. If not, you should erase them before they confuse you.

This will get you started. As I said, I have seen this drawing posted by other students taking the course, but don't know what's correct and what's not according to the course. The things I've pointed out here are just some general things you might want to consider.

pennfoster.jpg

That is good advise Jack, Bracken2 I think you need to read over the instructions for direct input of lines from the command line. You may have the dynamic input toggle button on. This can cause some problems at times. Practice is what makes perfect, have you done a sketch first? Sketching allows you to put everything in order that you need to draw them. The PF instructions are not in the correct draw order, this is why you have to go over them a few times. Make little blocks next to each task on the instruction sheet, this way you can check them off as you complete them.

Also at the bottom of the thread is Similar Threads These are other threads related to this project.

• 4 weeks later...

hi I'm back trying to fininsh this project, I have restart, I need to know how I connect my lots, 4,5,6

lot 4 is south of lot 3 length of the western edge is 168.24 feet N55d24'29"E

lot 5 is directly to the south of lot 4 the length of the western edge of lot5 is 69.10feet, the length of the southern edge of 5 is 156.48ft n1d15'21"w

lot6 is directly to the east of lot 5, length of the southern edge is 162.27ft, notheasterly direction for 23.06, n50d43'14"w

all lots the property line should intersect with the center of the cul-de-sac

The southern lot line for all three lots runs parallel to the property line (boundary). Offset that line the required distance. That should get you started.

bracken2: Have you made any further progress?

some, I still have a lot of problems understanding how to get coordinate input like going north, south, east or west, I have put in the lots that is 60 x 120 but the still do not look right. I have went back looking at some of the other qestion other are asking you, they are helping a little, I just know that I have to learn this some way.

To draw a line that starts at a particular coordinate start the line command and when prompted "Specify first point" enter the coordinate like this...

123556.78, 366927.14 then press Enter.

If one or both of your boundary lines are drawn at the incorrect angle then when you offset them the result will be incorrect as well. The basis for the three lots that are 60x120 are the two boundary lines in the northwest corner of the property.