Fabrication Layout

I was wondering if there was a "correct way" that should be kept in mind when doing fabrication drawings.

I work for a steel fabricator and see lots of drawings everyday and draw myself. It seems like everyone has there own way they would like the layout of there drawings to look but I was wondering if there is a "Standard" layout that should be implemented.

Has anyone got a dwg of what they think is the correct layout of a fabrication drawing?

who ever is managing your CAD department should decide on what all these drawings should look like, consistant layouts will help prevent the shop guys from misreading them. There are some really good basics to start with in the UDS(universal drafting system) book.

Like I said we recieve lots of drawings from different companyies and I was just wondering if there was a standard code of practice

Generally speaking NO. You do have 1st angle projection and 3rd angle projection (thread HERE).

It should be legible and appealing to the eye and uncluttered. Here in the States we follow ANSI and ASME and Britain uses the BS. Most everything is discipline specific.

Common sense should prevail IMHO. If I need a 1/2" Dia. hole drilled in a plate, just a single TOP view is all that is needed. Any more would be unnecessary.