paper size

newautocad

hello. I have tried numerous times to make my paper size and actual plot size the same. My paper size is 24 x 36 but for some reason it rotates the paper and the output is 36 x 36, every time!

When I look at it on the preview, it looks correct but then the paper comes out with a foot of paper at the top of the drawing.

I've created new page sizes, etc. Can anyone help me with this? pls?

Could be several things.

Is your title block smaller than 24x36 or do you have it exactly 24x36? They need to be less than actual size to allow for margins most plotters can't deal with.

What plotter are you using? I use an HP and I am able to make some choices in the .pc3 file for autorotate, and also setting the paper roll size to what is being used.

Are you picking landscape when plotting?

seems I had a similar problem several years back though I'm having a hard time remembering what caused it and how i fixed it, seems like it might have been a driver issue or a conflict between the printer settings and the plot settings, have you tried rotating the plot 90 degrees? I'd try that and plot it with out a preview as if my memory serves that was part of my work around, sorry i'm old and can't remember exactly lol

Here it is.

my roll is 3' wide and most drawings are only about 2' tall. but it trims it with an extra foot at the top, which is wasteful and looks sloppy.

any insight is welcomed.

ps. I'm an apple girl

screengrab.jpg

Show a screen grab of your plot settings. You using Portrait or Landscape? What plotter?

try setting it to landscape intead of portriat

I think Landscape might work.

Per the margin suggestion I thought I would try and make a paper to compensate the margin width.

I find this warning confusing....

SCREENGRAB2.jpg

make the plotter configuration selection ladscape as well and set the custom paper size to 22 X32, rather than 32X22, also you might play with a 22X34 sized sheet.