Altering annotation text size and snapping to right angles.

georgem

Hi

I am VERY new to cad and very lost. I have grasped the basics but since loading up CAD recently drawing lines does not seem to automatically snap to right angles like it had done before. Where abouts do I tweak this?

I also have no idea how to enlarge the annotation text and also limited the decimal points. At the moment i have readings of 0.0000 when 0.00 would suffice. Any ideas?

You would really be helping me out with any advice.

Thanks

The horizontal/vertical lines come from a setting called Ortho (for orthogonal). There should be a button on your status bar that toggles it on/off, which you may have inadvertently used.

"Annotation" has a very specific meaning in AutoCAD. If you mean it in the more general sense, as in pointing out features, you can edit text styles and adjust the height for each style. For annotative text, you need to change the drawing scale.

To change your decimal places, use the Units command and set your precision.

You can learn more from the Help system. Look up Ortho, Style, Annotation, and Units.

Ortho is turned OFF by default (thankfully), so I'm more inclined to believe the missing "right angles" is due to the Polar Tracking toolbar button being toggled off.

I also think the OP may be referring to dimensions (DIMSTYLE) with regards to size and precision of annotation.