Reuse of typed-in numerical input

Often we have to re-type the same number (value) in the command line. Not the point coordinate triplet, but a single number as input, for example in Move \ Copy command.

I always wonder if there is a trick in AutoCAD to recall the previously typed-in number quickly and easily (apart from Ctrl+C \ Ctrl+V method).

Microstation does it very conveniently by pressing up and down arrows in Accu-draw dialog, and even places a graphical mark on the screen when cusor moves over the previously entered value.

Any ideas?

Thanks

have you tried the up and down arrows? On my system it scrolls up the commands as they were typed, including distances. Sometimes I press F2 to see more clearly.

Yessir, I did that on several previous Releases, but what I get is always:

Command: [empty] [/color] scrolls through previously entered commands allright, but no numbers of any kind.

Command: [command active] [specify next point or Undo] scrolls through previously entered point coordinate triplets, and never a single value.

However, it's good news that in some other version it is a viable option. Some day it may come to the mainstream ACAD.

Thankyou for the info, still waiting for the trick....