Annotative Scales - Am i doing it wrong?

guitarguy1685

I was doing some reading on the use of Annotative scales and I'm wondering if what I'm trying to acomplish is not the best way to go. Let me explain a detail sheet set up.

What we do:

We may have up to 5 scales on one single detail sheet. When you go to model space you will see many recangles of various scales sizes representing the sheet border. We draw the details to full scale in the appropriate border in model space so they will display in paper space at the desired scale.

For annotation we may have 5 different dimstyles/mleaderstyles suffixed with the scale factor. So when we work on destails in another scale (rectangle) we have to change Dimstyle, Mleaderstyle and textsize.

What I'm trying to do:

I want to make the Dimstyle, Mleaderstyle and Style annotative. So all I really did was turn ANNOAUTOSCALE off by setting it to "0". I suppose "-4" would also work but I thought that was temporarily off. When I turn this off I am able to switch scales and the annotations scale properly. However the ANNOAUTOSCALE setting is always reset to "4" when I open the drawing again. When I read the ANNOAUTOSCALE help file it says that it is OFF by default which is not true in my case.

If I am to go this route I have to remind everyone to make sure ANNOAUTOSCALE is always off.

I'm not sure if I'm going down the right path. Any thoughts, tips or solutions?