Structural drafting project Plate 2 (penn foster)

ANC2008

:(I know this question has been asked several times on this site but I am having problems drafting this one. I started drafting this out but feel like what I am doing is completely wrong. I am just clueless to what any of this is talking about. I cant seem to visualize it. Here is what i have so far...

plate2.jpg

Structural Drafting with Autocad.pdf

Yes, asked and answered. A couple of members have even gone as far as to post images of the various plates associated with this particular project. I know it seems like drudgery but you're going to have to wade through the various threads and find the info on your own. You can try narrowing down the number of threads by using the Advanced Search feature.

Have you tried searching for Penn foster?

I think that I posted a screen shot of the project.

I am not at home right now, I will check for it after I return home.

Found it, using search term "penn foster". There are screen shots of plate 1 and 2. Another thread contains the details.

So if you use the search, most of your questions will be answered like ReMark has stated.

Ahhh....finally found it. Thank you sooo much. I have been searching for days for help on this. I emailed the school and all they told me was to sketch out the 7 drawings and then draft them. That doesnt help much when you have no clue where to begin. Plate 1 was super easy but now it is just getting into terminology that I dont understand. lol

When you have problems with the terminology, ask for clarification on the meaning. Many of these instructions are not in the correct draw order; forcing you to read through the entire project. As you read through take notes and think what view will this be drawn on. The sketches help to place your drawing in the correct order. Takes some practice, but you like many others can do this.

One quick question...how do you draw the elevations? For instance..it says the finished grade elevation is 292.90, the first- floor elevation is 293.90, and the second floor elevation is 305.19. What are "elevations" and how do you input them? Are they like feet/inches? I know you must subtract them from eachother.

An elevation is a measurement of height above sea level. Simply draw a line 292.90 feet vertically. The top end point will be the finished grade. Label this elevation finish grade 292.90 feet.

Then from this line you can do the math to get the other elevations/ floor and roof locations. This is like looking at the side of the building, what you are looking at is an elevation, meaning it shows the height of the object.

I'm trying to use the image that was posted as a guide but I cant really see it very well, but based off the instructions, I think this is what it is asking for. If I get bothersome please let me know. Thank you :)

Look at the screen shots in the other thread.

You have a good start, but the corner pillers are incorrect. The concrete slab is to short on both ends. Do you have the layer of sand 8" deep under the slab?

I only found one set of screen shots for plate two and its hard to tell what is going on. I'll post them so we can verify if we are talking about the same ones. But the instructions say the end pillars have a height of only 2'-6" before the concrete begins to angle away at 45degrees with a vertical and horizontal of 2'. While the pillars in between are 4' tall. Maybe I am misunderstanding it.

South Elevation.jpg

the instructions say the end pillars have a height of only 2'-6" before the concrete begins to angle away at 45degrees with a vertical and horizontal of 2'. While the pillars in between are 4' tall.

You missed, the concrete begins to angle away at 45degrees with a vertical and horizontal of 2' (both sides pf the pillar). The slab extends to the outside edge of the corner pillars.(a little further along in the instruction)

Okay. Thank you. I think I am beginning to comprehend all of this. I know there are few tweeks I need to make but for the most part I think I am getting it. Slowly but surely lol.

Capture.jpg

That looks much better, although the pillar keys are reversed, should be going down. Also use the earth hatch. Don't forget the drain pipe.

Lol that is the earth hatch. I think I scaled it too big to make it noticeable. I'll scale it back down. Thank you for all your help!!