Batch Plotting

tennis4you

Can AutoCAD LT batch plot? Is it easy to do?

according to rkent it does, hit f1 and do a search on 'publish' you should come up with enough information to get you started, it's not hard, its just a matter of knowing what each of the publish functions do.

When we have jobs with several plans to plot we produce PLT files, save them in the project Plot Box folder and send them to the plotter using Govert's Go Plot software. When the client comes back requesting extra sets of plans (for a fee of course) an admin person can plot them off without having to get a CADler to break off his current AutoCAD project just to do the plots. We also have PDF and JPG files in our projects which also need plotting.

Can AutoCAD LT batch plot? Is it easy to do?

Since LT2009 publish has improved a great deal. Basically it is easy to use but you have to do some prep work first. First up if you don't already you need to go to page setup manager and put your print settings into it. I now have these all added into our template file so you don't have to add them each time. Once one has been done you can import them from that file into other drawings.

Start the publish command and it will bring in all model and paper spaces that are open plus if you click the green plus smbol you can bring in layouts from drawings without opening them. It is quite a powerful tool, especially if you are lazy like me!

Sorry if this doesn't make much sense but I'm at home with a stinking hangover. I will add screen shots when I get to work on Monday if nobody else does in the mean time.

Easiest way to batch plot multiple tabs in a single drawing is to Shift+select (or Ctrl+select) the desired tabs, right-click, and choose "Published Selected Layouts". Typing PUBLISH is best for adding Layouts from multiple DWG files, also with more available options.