distance in paperspace - command distance

flopo

I want to measure a distance in paperspace and i select 2 ends of a line from model - distance will be that from model - is a setting for this? I want to see the dimension from paperspace, not from model ... help!

A quick search did not reveal anything for me other than that is normal behavior for the distance command when using OSNAPS from model space within the same viewport.

In case you haven't already thought of this, you could draw a line in paperspace and get the length from that. I wouldn't just measure it where you drew it though, you might pick up the model space OSNAPS.

As long as you are using your Osnaps the distance will be the same as though you were measuring it in model space. If you don't use Osnaps then you'll get a paper space distance.

You want to have your dimensions in paper space not in model space right? If so, make sure they are associative.

Maybe a lisp can help... a lisp to detect the scale in paperspace and to multiply the value from model...i don't know....

Why don't you tell us what you are trying to accomplish.

Are you doing your dimensioning in model space or in your paper space layout?

Are you familiar with the terms associative and annotative? Do you know what each refers to?

I'm only trying to measure some distance in paperspace, not doing dimensioning and using osnap for objects drawn in Model, for exact distance - but it is impossible- so i have to draw a line between 2 points and to see lenght...

I'm only trying to measure some distance in paperspace, not doing dimensioning and using osnap for objects drawn in Model, for exact distance - but it is impossible- so i have to draw a line between 2 points and to see lenght...

I realize you aren't dimensioning, but my answer gets you exact lengths, then you simply undo or erase the dims. Otherwise if you don't need exact lengths you can just eyeball it. If you need exact the other way is to draw a line as you mentioned.

I thought older versions would Distance as the OP wants. I tried 2007 and no, and I don't have any older versions anymore.