Getinterfaceobject causes application error with 64bit win7

M76

Hi

I don't know how can this issue be solves, I recently upgraded my system from windows xp 32 bit, to windows 7 64bit, and now when I try to use objectarx in autocad the application crashes. With this error:

unledngn.png

This is the code that causes the error

Set amap = ThisDrawing.Application.GetInterfaceObject("AutoCADMap.Application")
   Set odtb = amap.Projects(ThisDrawing).ODTables.Item("table_name")
  Set odrcs = odtb.GetODRecords()

The first line executes, and then the error occurs when I try to get the object data table in the second.

Under the 32bit xp, there were no such problems. And the same happens with autocad map 3d 2007 and autocad map 3d 2012 64bit version.

And ideas how to get around this? I don't wish to go back to 32bit, because I upgraded to have more memory avaialable for the applications in the first place.

thanks

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

By upgrade I mean I did a completely clean install on an empty hard drive, so there are no lefovers from the old system.

I didn't download an sdk only the vba enabler.

Please forgive my confusion, if I'm mistaken on anything mentioned below, feel free to correct me.

Perhaps this is demonstrative of my lack of experience with VBA, .NET, ARX (as I'm a Visual LISP guy), but when you specify in the OP that you're 'trying to use ObjectARX'... that requires (as I understand it) that the applicable ARX Software Development Kit (SDK) for your version of AutoCAD, Map, Civil 3D, etc. be installed. ARX development is done via Visual Studio (Full, or Express) in C++.

The VBA Enabler is a supplementary download for newer versions of AutoCAD products that no longer include the VBA Integrated Development Environment (IDE)... in order to access VBAIDE, the VBA Enabler is required (again, as I understand it).

I'll see if I have time to test your code later today.

• 1 year later...