Getting dotted lines to show up from model space into viewport

Eleni19

I am so frustrated as I cannot get my dashed lines in my model space to show up dashed in my viewport.

I already tried MSLTSCALE = 1 in model space and PSLTSCALE = 1 and LTSCALE = 1 in paperspace.

it did not work. Anyone have any ideas?

In this situation I will override the linetype scale for a single line. I change it from 1 to .1 to .01 etc. If necessary I then change it from 1 to 10 to 100 etc. Eventually the pattern will appear. That will tell you what linetype scale you need to use for your drawing or for certain lines.

cyberangel- so do i click on the line in model space and start trying to adjust the scale like you said until is shows up in the viewport? is that what you mean?

Are you married to the Acadiso linetype? Because if you change a line to Dashed or Hidden or whatever it seems to work. I've never used the Acadiso stuff, so I don't know how they're different. Except apparently they don't work here.

You can alter a single lines linetype scale by selecting the line and opening properties. It should be near the top of the window. This will only alter the selected objects.

also if changing the linetype scale doesnt work, sometimes if you ahve copied work from other drawings you may have to reload the line type for that particular drawing. go to Linetype Manager and load the line type you want even if it there, it will ask you if you want to overide say YES.

Are you married to the Acadiso linetype? Because if you change a line to Dashed or Hidden or whatever it seems to work. I've never used the Acadiso stuff, so I don't know how they're different. Except apparently they don't work here.

Good call!

You need to use DASHED for the linetype not ACAD_ISO. ISO is usually for metric drawing not Imperial. You could use a LTSCALE of 0.0394 to make up the difference.