how to turn part in assembly?

Paradise

Hi,

how can a turn my box? There is the rotate function but this rotates everywhere but not where i need it.

The bottom of the box is mate to the floor. And i cant figure out how to rotate/turn them that the speakers point to the middle of the room :(

turn.jpg

When you use Insert>Features>Move/Copy you have options on which objects to rotate and how to rotate them. When you go into the Move/Copy dialog there are Mates and then there is a button at the bottom that says "Translate/Rotate" From there just expand the Rotate dialog and you can specify an edge to rotate your object by and how much.

Conversely if you want to turn your multi-body part file into an assembly you go to Insert>Features>Save Bodies. From the save bodies dialog at the bottom there is a Create Assembly option. This will save out all your parts into their own files and make an assembly from them. They will stay in their current locations and will all be "fixed". All you have to do is right click on the object in your feature manager and change it from Fixed to Float. Then you can apply mates and freely move the object around if you wish.