data extraction not working correctly

T_Shadle

I posted this problem back in Nov '10 but the problem was never resolved and we have been living with it. So with some free time I thouht I would query this group again.

OK here it is....

I have a dynamic block that contains a visibility parameter. The visibility parameter sets the visibility of some of the block attributes. When I use "dataextraction" (not "export attributes') to get the block attribute information. The block attributes that are not visible, only the attribute TAG is extracted and the value is not. Attributes that are visible, both the TAG and value are extracted.

I tested this using "export attributes" and all attribute TAG and value are exported regardless of visibility state. However I need the "dataextraction" over "export attribute".

BTY: This issue only came up when we switched to AutoCAD 2011. 2010 and before "dataextraction" worked fine.

"Just to recap I come in peace, I mean you no harm, and most of you will die.....Gallaxhar out.