How to make a 3D solid transparent looking in AutoCAD 2005?

Alan123

Hello everyone,

Can someone tells me how to make a solid wall transparent in AutoCAD 2005? I would like to see the inside from standing outside of the wall. Thanks in advance.

You mean transparent after rendering? Adjust the transparency of the material assigned to the walls.

While working on a 3D model you can switch between different shade modes but it is all; all the objects shows solids or wire frame or so.

CarlB,

I don't want to freeze the wall. I just want the walls to be kind of fading out, do you know what I mean? It's like when you are standing in front of the wall, and you are able to see through it.

Turn on the Rendering Options under "Options"

Click on the System Tab. Click on the Properties Button

Check the Renderning option button, check Enable Materials, Enable textures, Check the Transparency level.

I also had to enable hardware acceleration using the wopengl8.hdi driver.

Apply a material to the wall, such as brick. Modify the material by increasing the transparency level.

Then select one of the shademodes from the View Menu.

This is not a rendering, It's shademode.

See the attach image.

seethur.jpg

• 3 years later...

I have drawing some loft objects and when i put those loft objects on top of the solid, the transparency of those loft objects are very high. And it sees through the solid objects. i do not want to see the solid object transparency thorough the loft object. Please help me how i can do this, but the loft object has to be touch at 0 level of the solid object surface.

I have change loft object to many diffrent properties but i am unable to do

Please help

• 7 months later...

Hi, I am having the same problem. I draw a solid fill over an object. When I publish the drawing, some of the object borders are still visible through the fill. Would anyone know how to make solid fill not transparent?