Sweep/loft?

bjenk8100

I have attached a screen shot of my drawing to give an idea of what im trying to do. To the left are typical stairs and the three circles with a line through them are an attempt to make a post for a railing. The bottom and top cirlces are a bit smaller then the center one and i want to make a continuous sweep but nothing is working. Any suggestions would be great.

3D-STAIRCASE.jpg

Don't you want to use loft instead?

You do realize that lofting those three circles will result in an object that looks like a candlestick pin (bowling)?

Is it me or are your stairs constructed out of surfaces?

Im just practicing 3d, having trouble understanding how the 3d commands work. i will try both ways mentioned.

Im just practicing 3d, having trouble understanding how the 3d commands work. i will try both ways mentioned.

See the tutorials in my signature. (they were written for earlier release and the interface has changed - but you should be able to figure it out)

You did not answer my question regarding the stairs. Did you use surfaces instead of solids? Are you aware there is a difference between the two.

The sweep and loft functions are good to use but I prefer to use revolve just to add more detail and add to the realism. If you dont know how to use the revolve function just ask and ill try to post pictures on what I mean but I am new to the forum and I don't know how to upload pictures let:/