Drawing Name Attribute

AQucsaiJr

I recently cam across a block that had an attribute that showed the current drawing name, and if the drawing file name was changed the attribute value changed to match.

Can someone tell me how this is done? I looked at the attribute properties and could not figure it out.

Thanks

Interesting. But this seems to create a MText entity not an attribute. Is there a way to get the field to work as an attribute?

I think I figured it out using your method.

I believe if you plug this, %% ,into the value of the attribute it will work.

Thanks for the help.

Using the FIELD command will open up a dialog box that gives you hundreds of options. In the case above, filename, the string of characters you are using is actually the code that is generated by the command. You can use any FIELD string of characters by copying and then pasting them into Text or ATTRIBUTES. When you select the parameters of the FIELD command the string of characters that represent the field are found at the bottom of the dialog box.

FIELDscreencap.JPG

I recently cam across a block that had an attribute that showed the current drawing name, and if the drawing file name was changed the attribute value changed to match.

Can someone tell me how this is done? I looked at the attribute properties and could not figure it out.

Thanks

Start ATTDEF and fill out the appropriate entries, in the Default line look to the far right for a button, click that, select your field of choice, finish. Now make a block.

• 4 years later...
I think I figured it out using your method.

I believe if you plug this, %% ,into the value of the attribute it will work.

Thanks for the help.

This work for me but how do you get not to change when you xref the file?