Adding landscape details

Joseph Marquez

I just learned how to add material to objects so I am having fun with that but I was wondering if Autocad 2011 had an object library were I can add trees and bushes to make my building more realistic. If Autocad 2011 does not have a library, what is the best website where I can get 3D blocks for free. This is what I have so far, I know it is not perfect but I just finished my freshman year of college so I dont know too much yet.

Also, I was wondering if it was possible to create a viewport in another window because I have two monitors and I want one for top view and the other monitor for an isometric view.

Thank you!

-Joseph Marquez

Also, I was wondering if it was possible to create a viewport in another window because I have two monitors and I want one for top view and the other monitor for an isometric view.

Thank you!

-Joseph Marquez

You could stretch your autoCAD window up to the other monitor then set your "vports" to 2, split vertically.

For adding landscape trees, is it for presentation purposes(rendered perspective)? if so I suggest adding it in photoshop.

Not sure for AutoCAD2011 but i think there is a built in landscape library, but is only 2d trees, plants. the last I used it was in aCAD2006

Yeah I was hoping I didnt have to do that but I guess thats the only way. Thanks!

And the trees are for presentation purposes, I guess Ill have to learn Photoshop now haha.

Yeah I was hoping I didnt have to do that but I guess thats the only way. Thanks!

And the trees are for presentation purposes, I guess Ill have to learn Photoshop now haha.

Yep presentation and photoshop go hand in hand, Next to powerpoint. Prepare raw perspectives>do post production on perspectives>adding title block, texts, diagrams> arranging em in powerpoint/ presentation boards> preparing your 15min speech explaining your work hehe! I hope im not moving away from your thread question

Yep presentation and photoshop go hand in hand, Next to powerpoint. Prepare raw perspectives>do post production on perspectives>adding title block, texts, diagrams> arranging em in powerpoint/ presentation boards> preparing your 15min speech explaining your work hehe! I hope im not moving away from your thread question

Haha this is all good stuff I need to know anyways! Thanks for the help!