Auto cad suddenly stops, hangs.

ThrashMetal

hey all, im using autocad 2010, on an intel core i3 computer, all the specs in my computer exceeds the minimum requirements for installing cad by far and i have been using it for 4 months now and i never had any problems since now. i open a cad file, any cad file, after doing activities on it it stops, no warnings, it just stops, not responding it would say on the title tab. can anyone help me with this, i would hate to reformat my computer just for this, 3dsmax works perfectly so i thinks its not an autodesk thing.

i uninstalled and installed again but same thing..

any help would be greatly appreciated

thanks all..

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• ThrashMetal

• Tharwat

• ReMark

• SLW210

Normally a REPAIR is tried before an uninstall/reinstall. But that point is moot now.

When you did the uninstall/reinstall did you follow the recommended procedures as outlined by AutoDesk?

Psot the FULL specs on your computer just for informational purposes. Thanks.

hey all, thanks for responding, @remark, i did the repairs first but that didnt work either, then i uninstall/installed again, nada..

firewall installed and working perfectly as well, if this is a virus, why does it only affect cad?

hey all, thanks for responding, @remark, i did the repairs first but that didnt work either, then i uninstall/installed again, nada..

firewall installed and working perfectly as well, if this is a virus, why does it only affect cad?

No one said it was a VIRUS. It could be YOUR ANTIVIRUS or firewall preventing proper operation.

You have not commented about whether you have used a Registry Cleaner.

You have not answered as to whether you followed Autodesk CLEAN UNINSTALL/REINSTALL.

Still NO computer Specifications.

No one said it was a VIRUS. It could be YOUR ANTIVIRUS or firewall preventing proper operation.

You have not commented about whether you have used a Registry Cleaner.

You have not answered as to whether you followed Autodesk CLEAN UNINSTALL/REINSTALL.

Still NO computer Specifications.

didnt know an antivirus could be the result of this,isnt it suppose to the the other way around? i use norton 360 with 205 days remaining until it expires.

registry cleaner?..i'll try that one and yes i followed autodesk clean unistall/reinstall, this is what i should have said in the first place, sorry, very vague on the details,

i use intel core i5 processor @240ghz with 4gb of ram and 64 bit operating system. dont know the specs of my video card though but im sure its just enough.

how does registry cleaner work?

Don't use a registry cleaner, I was asking if you had already used one. Some of them will mess up the AutoCAD registry. Norton is notorious for messing up AutoCAD. I would get rid of it.

I use CCLeaner to clean my computer up and Spybot Search & Destroy to detect and eliminate Spyware threats, enable TeaTimer with Spybot S&D and that prevents changes to your registry without your permission. That is all I have used at home and never had a Trojan, Spyware or Virus.

nopes not yet, first time i heard about registry cleaner..

oh i see, thanks for the tip, i heard of ccleaner and i think i have an installer for that, thanks for reminding me and telling me what it does..lol..

update you all soon on how it will turn up..thanks again..

Most reputable Registry cleaners allow the user to save a backup file of the Registry before it is cleaned. If given the option I would highly recommend you do so. If something else goes awry you can restore the previous version of your Registry.

You didn't happen to create a Restore point when you first installed AutoCAD prior to having all these problems did you?

Most reputable Registry cleaners allow the user to save a backup file of the Registry before it is cleaned. If given the option I would highly recommend you do so. If something else goes awry you can restore the previous version of your Registry.

You didn't happen to create a Restore point when you first installed AutoCAD prior to having all these problems did you?

Yes, CCleaner has that option. I think when Norton is gone, his troubles will be over.

oh my God, it didnt work, and here's one thing more, after i ran ccleaner, i did the repair/reinstall process, now on the autoCad 2010 initial set up, boom, hanged...

i got rid of norton antivirus but retained the avira and mcafee free antivirus that was installed on this computer by my cousin, could it be the anti virus again?

and another thing more is when it freezes, i click close, a pop out will come out saying the program is not responding and gives me the option of closing the program or checking the internet for solutions, i click the check the internet for solutions, after it makes me wait, it just closes, does not give me anything,does not even open chrome or mozilla to the soultion it found, just nothing..

i just discovered this, im totally pissed of that i uninstalled the damn thing,everything, so it did not show up on the uninstall tab the next time i opened it, but why, i wonder, is the icon of cad still on my desktop and whn i clicked it, it opened and did the same thing, still froze..

You uninstalled the problem yet it still opens? Yeah, I'd have to agree with you. That is very strange indeed. Could you have installed it twice without knowing?

You uninstalled the problem yet it still opens? Yeah, I'd have to agree with you. That is very strange indeed. Could you have installed it twice without knowing?

yeah so weird,i could not have installed it twice because if i had,autocad would have shown up in the uninstall tab in the control panel when i rebooted. autocad does not show on the program files but it has the shortcut and runs but still freezes.

Where did you get your Cad version from ?

got it here, from a friend who sells softwares like this, you have an idea there,it could be the autocad that i bought thats the cause of this..:(

And I'll bet that "friend" sold it to you for a really, really, good price too.

You may end up having to wipe your hard drive. Before that occurs there are a couple of robust uninstallers available. Might want to check them out.

LOL..we actually its quite the opposite, i still got it at the regular price..i'll purchase another or upgrade to 2011 instead..thanks for all your help bros...