Xrefing and Linetype scales

Yo, so I get a lot of base civil drawings for large landscape design. Currently working on part of a project with about 10 xrefs from about 3 different companies, I often find myself struggling keep everything at a standard scale.

I was after some experience / advice on the best way to xref drawings.

Usually I first fix the layer colours to match our plot styles, then load our line type in and change their linetypes to our linetypes then xref the file. This seems to work ok, but what is a good setting for Global scaling factors and linetype scales???

Anyway if anyone has experience with this I would like to hear what you do!

Cheers

I usually set my scale factors the same as the base drawings. It really doesn't matter because ultimately the LTSCALES are set by the drawing doing the referencing. If you need to work in the XREF files, set them to whatever is comfortable for you. What exactly do you mean by "everything at a standard scale"? I'm not sure I quite understand you.

Sorry, I guess I mean by 'standard', to keep all dashed and doted linetypes looking the same when referencing them into a base. alot of drawings have their own unique linetypes which are the same but might be created at a different scale. I suppose it might be just a bit of trial and error until I get it at the scale that looks the best rather than a global standard.

Making sure that all objects have their linetypes are set to "By Layer" and linetype scales are set to 1 should make all, for example, "HIDDEN" linetypes look the same regardless of how they were created.

Making sure that all objects have their linetypes are set to "By Layer" and linetype scales are set to 1 should make all, for example, "HIDDEN" linetypes look the same regardless of how they were created.

Use Qselect to make sure Linetype scales are consistent.

Setting linetypes to Bylayer may not be desirable if the linetypes vary on any given Layer.