UCS help required (I think)

Hi all. I'm trying to get a drawing flipped round in model space so it fits more neatly in a viewport. I need to rotate the model space by about 45 degrees so that a line that looked about 45 degree slope up from left to right becomes a flat line.

I've been trying to use 'ucs' in the command line and then type the degree rotation as this is what it says in the help section but it doesnt do what i want. It asks for an origin point on the x-axis and then i dont know what this means.

Could someone give me some advice?

Thanks

Rich

Instead of rotating the modelspace, go into the viewport and use MVSETUP (then follow the prompts to rotate) to rotate the viewport.

The TWIST option in DVIEW will give you what you want.

I should have added that you can do this through the viewport without affecting model space.

If you want to rotate the modelspace objects, just select them and use the ROTATE command with the [R]eference option.

If you only want to rotate the view within a viewport, click inside the viewport, type UCS > Z and select two points that you wish to become horizontal. Type PLAN > [C]urrent

demo http://screencast.com/t/xLxkkOaLx9a2

I've tried the TWIST option which didnt work, I went through the DVIEW command prompts but couldnt find that option and nothing came up in help. This is in AC2009 by the way. I did use the 3DORBIT option but wasnt sure i could rotate it without affecting the Z axis. Then I tried the MVsetup way which is fine, so thanks all. Any tips on the 3DORBIT mode to get only XY axis movement? I was using the cursor

For future reference:

Command: DVIEW

Select objects or : (ENTER)

Enter option

[CAmera/TArget/Distance/POints/PAn/Zoom/TWist/CLip/Hide/Off/Undo]: TW (ENTER)

Specify view twist angle : 45 (ENTER)

Enter option (ENTER)

[CAmera/TArget/Distance/POints/PAn/Zoom/TWist/CLip/Hide/Off/Undo]: (ENTER)

Regenerating model.

RobDraw, thanks very much for that, I dont know why it didnt work at first (incompetence no doubt), but Ive used that now, it works a treat. Cheers!

Another option:

Command: [b][color=red]UCS[/color][/b]
Specify origin of UCS or [Face/NAmed/OBject/Previous/View/World/X/Y/Z/ZAxis] 
<World>: [b][color=red]Z[/color][/b]
Specify rotation angle about Z axis <90.00>: [b][color=red]45[/color][/b]
Command: [b][color=red]PLAN[/color][/b]
Enter an option [Current ucs/Ucs/World] <Current>: [b][color=red]<Enter>[/color]
[/b]Regenerating model.