Revit Model Linked into 3ds Max

MunichMax

Hi there and Hello to this forum as this ist may first post.

I introduce myself shortly: Architecture Student in Munich Germany. Who is intereseted in more can read my blog: http://www.municharchitecture.de/ :D

In adition I am part of the students experts program of autodesk. So I always try to spread my knowledge to other students if they are interested in.

Since I am suddying Architecture I have to visualice my projects and for this reason want to lern 3ds Max.

I do a lot of tutorials and read books but sometimes i do not come along.

Most of the time i think this is because the problems are to easy to get a discussion in forums.

But this time I reallly need your help:

I have linked a revit project into 3ds Max and now want to edit some party of it. In fact I want to delete one or two things and replace them with 3d geometry i have built in max. The Problem is I can not delete anything. For example a cilling. I can sleect it. copy it, move it and rotate it but I can not delete it... if i copy it I can delete the copy but that is not much of a help ;)

Can you please help me?!? I would be so glad! :)

System is Win 7 and Max 2012 and Revit 2012. All up to date.

Thank you very much!

Cheers Max

Welcome to the forum MunichMax. :)

So you inserted the Revit file using the File Link Manager? If you want to delete objects, you will have to do so from the Revit file and then Reload the file in Max.

Or, if you have everything on it's own layer in Revit, just choose the layers you want to load in the File Link Manager. For instance, if you don't want the ceiling in Max, just choose not to load the ceiling layer.

Or, just open the layer manager in Max and hide the ceiling layer, or whatever layer you don't want to see.

wow thank you for the rapid answere!

Yes this way is clear to me. :)

But am I not able to simply delete some parts of the 3d modell which i do not need without going back to Revit and reexport the whole project into fbx?!? :?

Sorry, but I know nothing about Revit. And I've never worked with FBX files, so I don't know what you can or can't do with them. If you can zip and attach your FBX file here I will take a look at it.