Needed a better alternative for Text Explode of Express tools

Ahankhah

Hi every one,

Althogh txtexp command of express tools, works fine in the lack of such internal command, but it has a bug. In some cases, it moves newly exploded text far away from the original location and changes the size of it. Is there any suggestion to correct this bug?

Mehrdad,

Sean Tessier (SEANT) wrote a fantastic TxtExp alternative which is now available on the Autodesk 'App Store', details here. He also posted it over at theSwamp a couple of years back, here.

Thoroughly impressive work.

Lee

Hic. I can't register theswamp. I had registed it many times, and received a mail said "please wait reply from admin", and wait, and wait.. :(

Now registration is currently disabled.Hic..Anyone can share a nick from this site ^^ Thank u very much

Hic. I can't register theswamp. I had registed it many times, and received a mail said "please wait reply from admin", and wait, and wait.. :(

Now registration is currently disabled.Hic..Anyone can share a nick from this site ^^ Thank u very much

The Swamp has suffered with a few spammers recently and so account registration is becoming tighter. Be careful with the email you are using to register the account, some email addresses are blocked completely.

Thanks Lee, Mark. It does a reputation good to get an endorcement like that from the two of you.

ketxu,

Be patient at theswamp.org. If there is any interest in programming for AutoCAD then I would recommend doing what it takes to sign up. It is a great resource.

In the mean time the routine is also posted at this forum:

http://www.cadtutor.net/forum/showthread.php?48936-I-need-a-huge-favor-with-text&p=334196&viewfull=1#post334196

The situation at Exchange-Apps has taken a rather bizzare turn. The link (http://exchange.autodesk.com/autocad/enu/store) was only public temporarily, while they were setting up the app store. Now the link is only accessable via the Exchange icon in the AutoCAD title bar. The real twist is it has to be 'vanilla' AutoCAD. Not a vertical. Not a vertical running with 'vanilla' profile. So I, with my version of Mechanical, no longer have access to the store. I can't even respond to comments or complaints on my app. (Though, Stephen Preston and Jim Quanci [DevTV team] are sympathetic to my situation, and have done what they could to keep me posted on the first couple of weeks of 'T2G' activity).

I'm not sure why verticals have been excluded. This campain sounds like the work of a marketing team that has never used (or developed for) AutoCAD, but was charged with creating distinction for each of Autodesks several hundred diiferent cad related offerings. Good luck with that.:unsure:

The good news is that the future inclusion of verticals may not be out of the question. We shall see.:)

Have you tried plotting to a DBX file? I think that will explode your text.

ReMark, thank you very much. I tried this method but the result is not acceptable enough to lay TXTEXP away.

Mehrdad,

Sean Tessier (SEANT) wrote a fantastic TxtExp alternative which is now available on the Autodesk 'App Store', details here. He also posted it over at theSwamp a couple of years back, here.

Thoroughly impressive work.

Lee

Thanks Lee, the program is elegant. :o

I appreciate also Sean Tessier, the author. :D

I thought I read that the WMF export/import trick might work but have never tried it myself. My only experience has been with using TXTEXP.

I thought I read that the WMF export/import trick might work but have never tried it myself. My only experience has been with using TXTEXP.

I tried it out, but it makes Text objects too.

P.S. But it is good to explode Mtext objects into Texts, retaining their private fonts used. I mean, after WMFOUTing Mtexts and immediately issuing WMFIN and selecting newly created WMF file, and showing a place to insert, then exploding the inserted Block, you get Text objects, with new style defined with font used in any line of Mtext objects. You see it is better than exploding Mtexts by EXPLODE command in some cases.

Edited by Ahankhah
Reducing excellent to good