Cam-Duct dxf to Autocad error

BCamel

Hello All,

when I import a dxf from Cam-duct to Autocad 2012 the size of the part grows slightly (a couple mm), If I check the part in Opus it measures correct.

I have been messing with this for a while now but am no closer to an answer.

Regards.

Thanks for replying SLW210,

the scale is already set to 1 and this is happenning on two of three machines (all set to a scale of one)

I'm more curious if this is an Autocad or Cam-Duct error, I don't even bother trying to get support from

TSI or Maps anymore as I can't wait a year for an answer.

From an AutoCAD perspective, it is a Cam-Duct error. In my opinion it can be simplified by saying it is more or less a communication error and is pretty much the norm for non-AutoCAD DXF.

You can probably search around for a better and more technical answer. I am too busy today.

You are right,

we realized there was a constant in the amount of growth of each dxf, it turned out to be the Kerf value was being added by Cam-Duct to the dxf before exporting. We haven't figured out how to stop the Kerf being added yet but at least we know where the error is coming from.