X-Ref Renaming

Spinxy

Hey,

I'm having trouble with the renaming of X-refs.

i have made a script file that re-paths required x-refs to a new project, but this leaves the x-ref name as the old x-ref. does anyone know the keyboard comands to change the name? or to set the name to filename?

Edited by Spinxy

Another way to do it is in the xr tab, if you click on the xref, then make sure the details box is expanded at the bottom, you can click on the name of the xref and change it. Oh, and thanks for that rename command SLW210, didn't know about it, been looking for something exactly like that :)

SLW210, it won't allow me to rename x-refs!!

cheers devented, i know how to change it manually, i'm looking for a way to include it into my script when i re-path them! our x-refs have project initials in the file name!

SLW210, it won't allow me to rename x-refs!!

cheers devented, i know how to change it manually, i'm looking for a way to include it into my script when i re-path them! our x-refs have project initials in the file name!

Yes it will. XRefs are listed under blocks.

TILEMODE
-rename
b
[YOUR CURRENT XREF NAME]
[YOUR NEW XREF NAME]
PURGE
ALL
N

Bear in mind that this will also change all of your xref dependent layer names.

Edited by DNK

i tried it quickly using the dialogue box which comes up with _rename input xref name and new name, it reckonised it was a xref, i checked the xref manager and the name never changed, i'll give it another go in the morning in work! when i tried -rename;b;(x-ref name) and it said block not found.

yeah i'd want the xref layer names to update as long as it don't change the layer properties!! or i might as well dettach and attach.