AutoCad or 3dMax-3dViz

Gina Vo

Can we use AutoCad to do architectural interior and exterior renderings or 3D Max or 3DViz would be a better choice?

I've seen lots of beautiful interior and exterior renderings. I want to learn how to do like that. What should I do? Is there any class or school that teaches professional rendering? I'm not a beginning, I want to learn deeper and higher.

Thanks,

Gina

There is no Viz anymore. It's 3DS Max Design now.

Studio Max would be a good choice for working with materials, building your scenes and rendering. In fact, it's pretty much the industry standard when it comes to 3D architectural visualization. But generally you still need a CAD program to layout your floorplans. You can do it in Max but it's a lot easier to do in a CAD program.

Check out these guys for training. They are one of the best in my opinion: http://3dats.com/

There is no Viz anymore. It's 3DS Max Design now.

Studio Max would be a good choice for working with materials, building your scenes and rendering. In fact, it's pretty much the industry standard when it comes to 3D architectural visualization. But generally you still need a CAD program to layout your floorplans. You can do it in Max but it's a lot easier to do in a CAD program.

Check out these guys for training. They are one of the best in my opinion: http://3dats.com/

Thanks so much. I'm trying to so some interior renderings in AutoCad 2010 that I have at home, but someone told me that it is not good for thing like that. Thank you for the help, will check asap.

Edited by Cad64
Fixed quote tags

Get both. Look at the AutoCAD Premium Design Suite. In it you get...

AutoCAD

Autodesk SketchBook Designer

Autodesk Showcase

Autodesk Mudbox

Autodesk 3ds Max Design

and it's only a bit more than vanillia AutoCAD

$4,995 vs. $3,995

It's a really good deal for what you get.