Scaled reference in from .dwg to .dgn

ALoock

Hi All.

I have not been on this forum for a very long time, and back then I was using AutoCAD.

I now use MicroStation and although I like the program, it sometimes drives me up the walls! Like the problem I now have and been trying to solve for WEEKS!

I can finally open an AutoCAD file and have the right scale in a MicroStation session (also took me a while to figure out you have to set it up BEFORE you open the program, who knew!!) but now that the units are reading correctly in .dgn, I need to reference a part of it into a new file.

What I do is take Saved View and reference it into the new file. No matter what I do, the saved view is scaled. The original reading was 35m and it reads as 0.889m when referenced.

I have posted on another site and send the file with. But when the person helping me opened his file, he could clearly see my reference is scaled 25.4:1. Problem is, where he got that reading, mine said 1:1!!!!!:x

I also set my resolution in Design File Settings>Working Units> Advanced Settings to 1000 per Distance1 m (where it used to be 2500 per Distance meter) and this also did not fix my problem.

BTW I work in meters, not millimeters.

I do hope someone can help who has experience in both AutoCAD and MS.

Thanks

ALock, I tried your workflow with no problems with my data set. Can you change the scale factor after it has been attached?

Another thing to check is if True Scale is toggled on in the Reference dialog. If on, the units in the active model and those in the referenced model are used to calculate the appropriate scaling factor, so that the reference scale reflects a true real-world scale.

ref-dwg-savedview.png

HTH,

Bob Mecham

Hi envisioncad.

Thank you for the response, I was SO desperate for a solution! Yesterday I read a entry on this site that if you do not setup your working area, it might effect the way a DWG is drawn in and it will throw the scale out. After playing around with that setting like I mentioned, it now today gives me the correct reading. Seems MicroStation wanted to sort of reboot.

Thank you getting back to me.