Misrepresented Colors in Model Space

abuller

Hello all,

I’m using Map3D 2012 and have this one file where all lines/polylines etc are shown as white (with black background) however, each object on whatever layer has a specific color (not white). When the file is first loading everything looks ok but once it does some final regen it all goes white? I’m not having this same problem with any other file, its just this one… I’ve tried a REGEN, changed colors on layers, and even restarted the computer to no avail.

I appreciate any help.

Is there perhaps some error in the drawing? Audit/Recover/WBlock/AECtoACAD. Did this drawing (or any part thereof, including anything you just temporarily copied/inserted/xreffed) come from outside parties? If so make sure you've got the correct object enablers, perhaps they made something using a different vertical?

It sounds like a graphics card issue until you mention it's only happening on the one DWG. Though that may mean that DWG contains some object(s) which causes an issue with the graphics card (usually some text font causes weird things, though not limited to text). Try turning Hardware Acceleration on/off (restart acad after doing so).

Are these lines/polylines AutoCAD objects on AutoCAD layers, FDO features on Map layers or a combination of both? Did you create the file from scratch or is this file one someone else created then exported/saveas a AutoCAD DWG format.

All,

Thank you so much for your input. I've tried what seemed appropriate but am still having this issue. I've found a way around it which was to remove all information which was misrepresented and re-insert it as an external reference.

Murph_map – yes these are on AutoCAD layers no FDOs. The deal was, we have 5 maps (file) which were combined into one. The one “working” file was in fact one of the original 5. That is, 4 files were referenced into one. Once done, additional edits were made to the “working” file. Lines, polylines, etc were all added. As mentioned above, what I ended up doing was opening a blank file and referencing all 5 files. This worked but does not address why I was having problems in the first place. And what’s weird is I’ve done this type of setup before with as many plates and never had any issues…