Dynamic Block Visibility/Lookup/Chains

bcritzman12

I found this block online. I'm trying to do something similiar. I want the attribute to be dynamic (in context). The author of this block set a visibility and then 92) lookup actions, but only (1) lookup parameter. Does anyone know how he did it? Thanks

-BrianSectionSample.dwg

I believe the Lookup is useless. He had a wipeout in the circle but I erased it and it didn't seem to affect the block. I don't know how the Array action manipulates the Visibility states. I like it though.

I want my block to basically do the same thing. I want to be able to array an object, have a attribute tied to a visibility. This all spawned from not being able to array an attribute in a dynamic block.

I tried to chain the dynamics per this artcle http://www.ellenfinkelstein.com/acadblog/chain-dynamic-blocks-autocad-2006-and-later/ if you look in his block, his dynamics are chained. Still not prperly getting the visibility of the attribute to show up though.

-Brian

from that article: "Note that the secondary parameter, the one whose action will be activated by the primary action, must be a point, linear, polar, XY, or rotation parameter".

But whomever created this block is breaking the rules apparently by chaining a visibility. He's like a god or something.

edit: I deleted the Lookup completely and that made the Block not work properly. I'm stumped.

You are 100% right my friend... he chained a visibility. Also if you notice, he has (2) lookup actions, but only (1) lookup parameter. (1) lookup is coordinated with the visibility, the other is coordinated with the linear.

• 4 years later...