Penn Foster

bracken2

Penn Foster offered no basic AutoCAD command overview prior to handing out the project?

Reference books: AutoCAD 2010 Bible by Ellen Finkelstein or George Omura's book AutoCAD 2010 and AutoCAD LT 2010. You should be able to find both at a good discount since we are talking 2010 versus 2012.

Thank you for the names on books,

I will be getting back with you on this one,

I have start working with project HVAC, but first I need to read more on auto cad,

I wish I had some one close to work with. I'm slow but I'm going to do everything I can to understand this program. I wish when I call my school they would not get upset because I ask a lot of question, on this program,

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• ReMark

• bracken2

• Cad64

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

For what you are paying they should not be getting upset.

You'll find the HVAC project challenging as well. There are images posted on that project too here at CADTutor.

For what you are paying they should not be getting upset.

You'll find the HVAC project challenging as well. There are images posted on that project too here at CADTutor.

yes I agree with you, on this HVAC project, but I have to get them done.:(

I just order one of the books you sent me, I should be getting it tomorrow.

I do realize you have to get them done. What concerns me is that there appears to be no basic AutoCAD instruction prior to starting these projects. Am I correct?

I do realize you have to get them done. What concerns me is that there appears to be no basic AutoCAD instruction prior to starting these projects. Am I correct?

Yes that what trouble me.

My personal opinion is the Penn Foster should have a basic "how to" section of their studies to introduce newbies to AutoCAD. Then they can flesh out what is covered using the projects which should, in theory, build upon the basics and introduce you to new ways of doing things and new commands. I pity the person who knows nothing of surveying, and bearings, etc. or HVAC ductwork and transitions and they have to learn the terminology while at the same time trying to master AutoCAD. For those without a ready source of help the challenge can be daunting.

Yes I seen this one before, I'm going to try to do my best on these projects,

I'm trying to teach an old dog new tricks(Ha,Ha)

Hi, it me again could you look at my project again, I know I have a lot more to do

but I need to know if I'm on the right road.

Note: I have overlaid my drawing (all in yellow) on yours.

[ATTACH]29020[/ATTACH]

I'm not all that pleased with the way this looks on my computer. I hope it displays better for others.

what is the step to find out what is your coordinates of the POB?

of the last length and bearng of the last boundary lines?

I could tell you if I had the drawing with me but I don't. It resides on my home computer. I'm at work at the moment.

I have try sending u my new drawing, but for some reson it will not let me. how can I send it to you?

Penn Foster offered no basic AutoCAD command overview prior to handing out the project?

I would have thought this would be a prerequisite for taking this class? Maybe Penn Foster assumes that since the student has enrolled in the class, they have a basic working knowledge of Autocad? It appears that this may be a case of jumping in the ocean without first learning how to swim.

I have try sending u my new drawing, but for some reson it will not let me. how can I send it to you?

What are you trying to do? Are you trying to email your drawing to ReMark or are you trying to upload your drawing here in the forum?

What are you trying to do? Are you trying to email your drawing to ReMark or are you trying to upload your drawing here in the forum?

I have try both ways

I have try both ways

I can understand if you're having trouble uploading your file here in the forum, (maybe the server is having trouble or maybe your file size is too large), but I can't understand why you're unable to email the file? What do you mean by "It will not let me"?

what is the step to find out what is your coordinates of the POB?

of the last length and bearng of the last boundary lines?

The POB should have a line that starts from it heading northwest. If you click on the line and check your Properties look at the values for Start X and Start Y.

I'm not sure what you are inquiring about in the second line of your post. Are you asking about the length and bearing of the last boundary line? You can use the List command to obtain information about it. Use it to find the length of the line and its angle in the X/Y plane.

FYI: I've made a copy of my drawing that I did on my home computer. At the moment the only difference between it and what I posted in an earlier image is that all trees that are to be removed have been indicated and the first three not-to-be-removed trees are shown as well. I haven't had much time to do anything else with the exception of putting everything on its correct layer.

That is unusual seeing how people have emailed me drawings ranging up to 25MB in size.

ok, I just try it again, I get my drawing down load, but when I try to upload to go on this quote it will not do it. I reply to your e-mail, but I get e-amail back saying can not send, so I'm not sure whats going on, unless

it has something to do with my computer chashing this past week.