Penn Foster

bracken2

I need help, I have been working on this project, Oleson Village Subdivision, I have restart it over twice, this is what I have now, yes I have read all thread that has been post, I guessing I'm on the slow side on learning how auto cad works, so here

what I have doneproj05403900.pdf

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• ReMark

• bracken2

• Cad64

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

bracken2: Either try that PDF again or better yet post the DWG file like you did before.

ok, it will not let me send it to you, I'm trying another way,

I see that the PDF file is really the outline describing the project itself.

I'll have to fire up my CAD computer to see your drawing. I am on my laptop at the moment. It's CAD-free.

I have opened your drawing and compared it to a version done by a forum Penn Foster student and present member of this forum. There seems to be some differences.

You say you have started this project twice. What types of problems are you having? Please be specific.

Are you having trouble understanding what is being asked of you?

Are you having trouble deciding what is the best way, using AutoCAD, to accomplish some specific task?

Are you trying to do something but don't know which command you should be using or what the command might be called?

I noticed that the precision on your Surveyor's Units is set to N 0d E when it should be set to N 0d00'00" E since that is how the data is provided to you in the instructions.

What happened to your TREE block? I inserted it and got something rather unusual looking. The tree is supposed to be 15 feet in diameter.

Edited by ReMark

There is a gap of 4.79 between the line that is 542.16, N39d-16'-46"E and the one that is 676.62, N87d-28'-25"W. This pushes everything west 4.79. This needs to be corrected.

The last line that takes you back to the starting point is supposed to be angled to the northeast. Your line is dead flat. This needs to be corrected as well.

Lots 1, 2 and 3 and drawn incorrectly. The instructions say the lots are 60x120. That means they are rectangles. The east and west property lines should both be 60 feet. While you have correctly shown the east property line of lot 1 as being 60 feet the westerly lot line measures 65.51 feet. You have reproduced this same error in lots 2 and 3.

You mistakenly used the centerline of SW Village Lane as the southern ROW line thus your road is not located properly. The centerline of the road is supposed to have a radius of 55 feet where it bends. Once this is done you can pedit the two lines and arc and join them as one polyline entity. Then it is just a matter of offsetting the centerline 25 feet to either side. This will give you the full 50 feet ROW for SW Village Lane.

You mistakenly used a radius of 20 instead of 30 at the intersection of SW Village Lane and SW 85th Avenue. You need to pay more attention to what is being asked in the instructions.

Re: Lot 6. The property line that is supposed to be 23.06 is drawn at the wrong angle.

Lots 7 and 8 are missing.

This is pretty much the extent of my review. I followed the exact same instructions you were given and produced a drawing of my own overlaid on top of yours so I could see where the differences might be. I stopped when I got to the insertion of the first TREE block (R1) as called for on page 10. I'll post an image separately.

Edited by ReMark

Note: I have overlaid my drawing (all in yellow) on yours.

proj 05403900 [ReMark].jpg

I'm not all that pleased with the way this looks on my computer. I hope it displays better for others.

So this is the third time you've started over on this project, you've asked dozens of questions here in the forum, read through all the responses but you are still having all these problems? It seems to me that this online training is not really working for you. If this is truly what you want to do for a living, I would very highly recommend you get enrolled in some classroom training. You really need the structure that a classroom provides, with an instructor who is available, in person, to answer your questions and help show you how to do things.

ok, I try pulling it up on my cad but it will not let me

I posted an image (jpg) not a drawing (dwg) file. An image can be brought into AutoCAD using the IMAGEATTACH command and then scaled using the SCALE command, REFERENCE option but I don't want you to do this. The file is not for tracing it is for reference purposes only.

as for the lot line I put in 60, so what I'm I doing wrong

I'm not sure I follow you. Are you talking about lots 1, 2 and 3? To create these lots all one has to do is offset the appropriate boundary lines distances of 60 and 120 then trim to clean the lines up. It is a very simple procedure. I think you are capable of doing that.

By the way...you did NOT answer one single question I've put to you. I think I've done enough for the time being.

I'm not sure I follow you. Are you talking about lots 1, 2 and 3? To create these lots all one has to do is offset the appropriate boundary lines distances of 60 and 120 then trim to clean the lines up. It is a very simple procedure. I think you are capable of doing that.

By the way...you did NOT answer one single question I've put to you. I think I've done enough for the time being.

i

I'm sorry,

So this is the third time you've started over on this project, you've asked dozens of questions here in the forum, read through all the responses but you are still having all these problems? It seems to me that this online training is not really working for you. If this is truly what you want to do for a living, I would very highly recommend you get enrolled in some classroom training. You really need the structure that a classroom provides, with an instructor who is available, in person, to answer your questions and help show you how to do things.

Yes I agree with you, but I live in the mountains of Ga. and the closest school that has auto cad or anything I need is 2 hours away, so that why I'm taking Internet class.

no! but I'm not giving up, going to get me a book on how to draw wih auto cad, see if this helps so if you know any good books let me know

Penn Foster offered no basic AutoCAD command overview prior to handing out the project?

Reference books: AutoCAD 2010 Bible by Ellen Finkelstein or George Omura's book AutoCAD 2010 and AutoCAD LT 2010. You should be able to find both at a good discount since we are talking 2010 versus 2012.