How to use the Taper in the flex feature correctly to get my given ratio done correct

lrobert4

Hey i am doing summer research, and I have to design a propeller blade. We are using NACA 0012 airfoil coordinates to make our propeller blade. Apart of our research assignment we have too alter a few variables in our design of the propeller blade. The variables are the chord, span, taper ratio, twist angle. All of them I can easily alter except for the taper ratio.

Level - A B C

chord - 1" 1.5" 2"

span - 7" 8" 9"

taper ratio - 1:2 1:1.5 n/a

Twist angle- 7 deg. 8 deg. 10deg.

I just listed out the specified numbers given to me. Again I'm only having problems getting the specified taper ratio.

I have used the flex feature and under that feature it has a tapering command. It is not giving me the desiring results i need.

So does any one know any feature or command I use to get this done?

Remember its just taper ratio I need help on. thank you!

The taper ratio of a wing is the ratio between the tipchord and the rootchord

I would avoid using flex or deform. These tools are not really made for precise changes like this. What needs to happen is the blade needs to be modeled in a way that you can alter these dimensions inside equations. Do you have the blade drawn to any of the specs?